Here are 8 foods which help with weight loss:
- Cranberries which have high concentrations of flavonoids, promote healthy weight in those who regularly consumes them.
- Blueberries have also been shown to help with weigh loss, particularly around the belly.
- Cherries are rich in anthocyanin’s, which boost fat-fighting enzymes that help oxidize fat in the body. They also help the body utilize glucose, making it another factor with losing and maintaining a healthy weight.
- High alkaline foods such as kale, spinach and leafy green vegetables also help with weight loss, because an alkaline body does not need the fat to protect it against acidity.
- Peppers help stimulate the thyroid, which is sometimes related to weight problems.
- Cinnamon has a thinning effect on your blood, increasing circulation. Increased blood flow generally boosts your metabolism, helping with weight loss.
- Deficiencies in vitamin C, zinc, magnesium and vitamin E are usually more common in people who have higher amounts of body fat and belly fat.
- Cranberries are high in vitamin C.
- Kale, which is high in vitamin C and calcium, which makes it a 'superfood'. It would be wise to include kale in all of your smoothies.
- Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin E as well as sunflower seeds.
Try this delicious smoothie, which includes these 8 foods for weight loss! The pinch of cayenne pepper gives it a 'punch', and is quite delicious!
7 fat grams, 265 calories = 23% fat calories
1/8 cup cranberries
1/8 cup cherries, pitted
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup spinach leaves, packed
1/2 cup kale leaves, packed
1 1/2 tsp sunflower seeds
pinch of cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup soy milk
4-6 ice cubes
6-8 drops of liquid stevia
Blend the ingredients in a blender until smooth. You can't even taste the cayenne pepper in this smoothie and it is quite delicious!
Note: If you want an even lower fat calorie percentage, replace the soy milk with water and/or add 1/4 cup of cooked brown rice, adding water to thin it down.